Magnanimously homeschooling, worshiping, creating.......

Join us on a journey of faith, healing, learning to live with part of our hearts missing, and recovery, as our family rebuilds our lives, after our son's long battle with cancer....and his eventual rise on eagle's wings into Heaven...victory is his...he is serving the King!!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Juice Master
Frozen summer squash.



Life continues to be busy for me, us.  I somehow can download pics again for now...what does this mean exactly?  I have no idea because I have no time for this picture business. 
As you can see, that is my juicer I am using. I really like it but it does get way more foam than my previous juicer, but also more juice, so I am still trying to figure out my final opinion on the subject. 
Braveheart has now been 10 months post transplant.  We are so thankful for how far he has come.  It has been such a bumpy horrible road, yet we have remained optimistic, believing he is healed, holding onto Christ as our rock.  You don't think of the 'what ifs.  You must live for each day.  All the good moments and the bad are a part of our story.  How does one go on without the hope that is Christ?  I often wonder.
 Just when you think B is feeling better and is ready to tackle the world, he then starts to get an ankle pain, a bowel infection, then his blood pressure start acting up...well, this may or may not be a good sign of his kidneys, so we are just keeping faith and holding tight.  I have been also trying to talk with B about eating less sugar. I have had this poor kid on so many diets, I know he is sick of it and he had radiation so I left him alone a bit, not including he still has had many healthy meals in general at home, but I have seen him cut back on treats and now that he got C-Diff again in his gut, we are talking about cutting out milk as it seems to help based on what other transplant kids parents are telling me.  I have long suspected he may have some candida issues after all the meds, treatments, antibiotics etc...
Please pray for us as any big diet change for the the "whole family" takes mental prep.  I have made so many changes for myself and our family but to get B off milk or stop having sugar snacks altogether for the kids or just B, well it is a thing I have to wrap my brain around!

The days go so fast.  I have made many lifestyle changes because my body was in dire need of help after this transplant, my bad knee, my bad feet, adrenal fatigue issues, wt. gain.  I had to put my energy into good food for B and his healing and MINE!  I had no choice.  I have seen marvelous results so far.  My feet and knees are better but not completely healed, I feel better overall but still get fatigued (this can take some time to heal from what I have read) and I have lost 30 pounds!!

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Labels

2015 Project (4) abundant blessings and thankfulness (31) adventures with two kitties (2) artzy (3) autoimmune disease (1) backyard (1) baking (2) binding quilt (1) birds (10) birthday blitz (22) blendtec (2) boyz tuff (10) braveheart (44) Braveheart in Heaven (35) braveheart memory (9) cancer (55) carz r kool (5) cats love to quilt too (6) Christmas blessings (10) churndash block (1) classical conversations (3) co-op (2) college (9) cooking (9) craftzy (13) Crochet Creations (1) crochetz (25) crock pot (4) daddy (6) damsel girl (63) Daughter's quilt (2) dollhouse (4) dylan (21) exchange student from Japan (3) family (43) father/son (6) favorite products (3) field trip (7) flashback friday (3) flowers (1) flying (6) free motion quilting (7) friendship (15) fundraiser (4) GAPS (1) garden (26) getting ready for transplant (8) gluten free (4) goals (2) grandma's the best (4) grieving (2) hand stitching (1) Hashimoto's Thyroididtis (1) healer (2) history (1) holiday (7) homemade (21) hypothyroidism (1) immune healing diet (11) juicing and raw foods (4) just musing (12) just sayin' (2) karate (2) keepers of the faith (5) kindle (3) learning adventures (36) life's a journey (1) machine quilting blog hop (3) MAGNANIMOUS (5) Magnanimous Photography (5) making it up as i go (1) marvelous milestones (31) milestones (1) mother/daughter (8) movie mania (3) music (14) nature (55) new beginnings (5) ninja boy (1) nutrition (15) organizing (5) photography (29) poetry (3) practice makes progress (2) project 2017 (1) quilt project 2017 (5) quilting (9) quilting project 2018 (3) reading adventures (38) recipe (12) recipe created by me (2) relapse (6) review (11) scouts (7) seasons (18) sewing (10) soft lovlies (1) spiritual (17) still life photography (1) T agent (25) teens (6) the kidletz (7) The Plan (27) thrifty (5) traditions (1) transplant journey (10) update (30) weight loss (21) wordless weds (22)

Why MAGNANIMOUS?

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of the American Language defines Magnanimity as such:
MAGNANIM'ITY, n. [L. magnanimitas; magnus, great, and animus, mind.] Greatness of mind; that elevation or dignity of soul, which encounters danger and trouble with tranquillity and firmness, which raises the possessor above revenge, and makes him delight in acts of benevolence, which makes him disdain injustice and meanness, and prompts him to sacrifice personal ease, interest and safety for the accomplishment of useful and noble objects.