Magnanimously homeschooling, worshiping, creating.......

Join us on a journey of faith, healing, learning to live with part of our hearts missing, and recovery, as our family rebuilds our lives, after our son's long battle with cancer....and his eventual rise on eagle's wings into Heaven...victory is his...he is serving the King!!!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

fever admit Jan

I am just letting you know that my precious little brave boy has been admitted with a fever, but he doing well. This one is nothing scary like our Nov. 08 one was...whoa.

He was sick when he went to bed Friday night, very tired, warm, but no fever. He was up before me Sat. AM and I made him go back to bed. He slept for a couple more hours and when I checked on him again he was quite warm, low grade fever. Then we had to recheck per protocol and it was slightly higher, so we called IC and they said to come in. Before we left he was up to 102 F. He was sleepy and tired and hoarse but doing well.
I was so glad that my man was home and it was Sat. We were all able to go up together and be with him. That was a nice change to the lonely dark night trips up there...whooo.
Anyway, at first he actually looked like he had a virus, his ears were perfect, throat only slightly red, fever, but once they hooked him up he started chilling and fever spiked way up..so they started fluids 700cc/hour (lots) and watched him real close. Here he was real yucky. This indicates possible bacterial infection and means he is much sicker than they thought at first, but we got the antibiotic going and the fluids which guard against the blood pressure bottoming out with all the sudden bacterial deaths. They drew cultures and so on. Pretty routine, nothing weird or that worried them.
Does that all make sense? Clear as mud?
I talked to Glenn and he had a good night and is much better now and even last night. I was able to sleep in my bed one last night, thank the Lord.
I will keep you posted and I thank you all for keeping up with us.

Did you know that we only have 104 days of treatment left??
WOW!

Here is a few verses from a song that I am just going to have to sing (Debbo)when B gets back and well enough.

On My Knees Lyrics
Artist (Band): Nicole C. Mullen

There are days,
When I feel
The best of me
Is ready to begin
Then they're days,
When I feel
I'm letting go,
And soaring on the wind
But I've learned in laughter or in pain,
How to survive

I get on my knees
I get on my knees
there I am before the Love that
Changes me
See, I don't know how,
But there's power
when I’m on my knees

That's how it is here sometimes...some days you get a feeling of 'normal' what ever that is..then...everything is blowing in the wind..
And there's power when you get on your knees too...

Love you guys and love hearing from you. I may have to be up there all week and it does get lonely in a weird way and then there is my feet, but I will be fine...B has it worse than I. He is so tough though. I am going to get things cleaned and organized for Glenn and the kids this week. We have the extra challenge of a sick grandma and GG so the men will be running the show here. Pray for those ladies too and I know it is killing my mom not to be able to help out! We're ok mom..we love you!

Love me.

1 comment:

GraceFromHim said...

we are praying sweet friend :)

Labels

2015 Project (4) abundant blessings and thankfulness (31) adventures with two kitties (2) artzy (3) autoimmune disease (1) backyard (1) baking (2) binding quilt (1) birds (10) birthday blitz (22) blendtec (2) boyz tuff (10) braveheart (44) Braveheart in Heaven (35) braveheart memory (9) cancer (55) carz r kool (5) cats love to quilt too (6) Christmas blessings (10) churndash block (1) classical conversations (3) co-op (2) college (9) cooking (9) craftzy (13) Crochet Creations (1) crochetz (25) crock pot (4) daddy (6) damsel girl (63) Daughter's quilt (2) dollhouse (4) dylan (21) exchange student from Japan (3) family (43) father/son (6) favorite products (3) field trip (7) flashback friday (3) flowers (1) flying (6) free motion quilting (7) friendship (15) fundraiser (4) GAPS (1) garden (26) getting ready for transplant (8) gluten free (4) goals (2) grandma's the best (4) grieving (2) hand stitching (1) Hashimoto's Thyroididtis (1) healer (2) history (1) holiday (7) homemade (21) hypothyroidism (1) immune healing diet (11) juicing and raw foods (4) just musing (12) just sayin' (2) karate (2) keepers of the faith (5) kindle (3) learning adventures (36) life's a journey (1) machine quilting blog hop (3) MAGNANIMOUS (5) Magnanimous Photography (5) making it up as i go (1) marvelous milestones (31) milestones (1) mother/daughter (8) movie mania (3) music (14) nature (55) new beginnings (5) ninja boy (1) nutrition (15) organizing (5) photography (29) poetry (3) practice makes progress (2) project 2017 (1) quilt project 2017 (5) quilting (9) quilting project 2018 (3) reading adventures (38) recipe (12) recipe created by me (2) relapse (6) review (11) scouts (7) seasons (18) sewing (10) soft lovlies (1) spiritual (17) still life photography (1) T agent (25) teens (6) the kidletz (7) The Plan (27) thrifty (5) traditions (1) transplant journey (10) update (30) weight loss (21) wordless weds (22)

Why MAGNANIMOUS?

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of the American Language defines Magnanimity as such:
MAGNANIM'ITY, n. [L. magnanimitas; magnus, great, and animus, mind.] Greatness of mind; that elevation or dignity of soul, which encounters danger and trouble with tranquillity and firmness, which raises the possessor above revenge, and makes him delight in acts of benevolence, which makes him disdain injustice and meanness, and prompts him to sacrifice personal ease, interest and safety for the accomplishment of useful and noble objects.