Magnanimously homeschooling, worshiping, creating.......

Join us on a journey of faith, healing, learning to live with part of our hearts missing, and recovery, as our family rebuilds our lives, after our son's long battle with cancer....and his eventual rise on eagle's wings into Heaven...victory is his...he is serving the King!!!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

No more DAYS, the plan, testimony

I am pretty much done with the 20 day part of the plan. Also, I have had some distractions and some off days as I explained before. Once you get to Day 20 you just keep using the template for rest days and adding new foods. I am making a list of foods that are friendly and keep adding from there.

 It seems like there are so many things going on and I am pretty impressed with how well I have eaten correctly and avoided lots of poor food choices.  Let's get one thing clear, this isn't about denying one's self pleasure.  The truth is though that we have been eating badly in this new age world. In addition, I have enjoyed some delicious chocolate nearly every day of this journey. I have a long list of foods that I can eat and feel great and stay awake during the school day with my kids. It's a good feeling.  I also allowed myself to enjoy some fun eating times along the way, making sure I 'rest' my body with friendly foods which gives my body a chance to 'heal' and return to normal. This is why my wt. loss has stalled, because I have been testing and having days where I don't test. Now I keep going on my template.  After having a great rest day yesterday with a loss of 1 pound this morning, I will test something new today...I should add in a veggie..if I don't react then the wt. will continue to drop off.

Testimony time:

Since I have started this plan, I have found many foods that my body loves and that help my body to sleep better and lose wt. For instance, I have noticed that my body LOVES beef..yes, beef!  I sleep like a baby, a sleepy baby..haa.  Chicken is good too but doesn't make me sleep nearly as well. My basal temp goes up with beef as well. My stomach fat has decreased by a significant amount even with my measly little 10 pounds of wt off. My soft tissue damaged left knee, the one in which I could not touch and was always swollen but never injured in a way that a surgeon could assist, is markedly improved. I can touch it with my hand, run my fingers over my knee!! I appreciate the little things!  Rarely do I have pain that I was living with previously. My feet which are severely injured with plantar fasciitis, to the point that I can barely walk at times and my feet literally ache throughout, are 50% improved!!  4 1/2 years of this!  My fatigue is noticeably improved!!  My general headaches and body aches that I was learning to live with are nearly completely gone!
I wonder if I am forgetting something...

Very happy!

No comments:

Labels

2015 Project (4) abundant blessings and thankfulness (31) adventures with two kitties (2) artzy (3) autoimmune disease (1) backyard (1) baking (2) binding quilt (1) birds (10) birthday blitz (22) blendtec (2) boyz tuff (10) braveheart (44) Braveheart in Heaven (35) braveheart memory (9) cancer (55) carz r kool (5) cats love to quilt too (6) Christmas blessings (10) churndash block (1) classical conversations (3) co-op (2) college (9) cooking (9) craftzy (13) Crochet Creations (1) crochetz (25) crock pot (4) daddy (6) damsel girl (63) Daughter's quilt (2) dollhouse (4) dylan (21) exchange student from Japan (3) family (43) father/son (6) favorite products (3) field trip (7) flashback friday (3) flowers (1) flying (6) free motion quilting (7) friendship (15) fundraiser (4) GAPS (1) garden (26) getting ready for transplant (8) gluten free (4) goals (2) grandma's the best (4) grieving (2) hand stitching (1) Hashimoto's Thyroididtis (1) healer (2) history (1) holiday (7) homemade (21) hypothyroidism (1) immune healing diet (11) juicing and raw foods (4) just musing (12) just sayin' (2) karate (2) keepers of the faith (5) kindle (3) learning adventures (36) life's a journey (1) machine quilting blog hop (3) MAGNANIMOUS (5) Magnanimous Photography (5) making it up as i go (1) marvelous milestones (31) milestones (1) mother/daughter (8) movie mania (3) music (14) nature (55) new beginnings (5) ninja boy (1) nutrition (15) organizing (5) photography (29) poetry (3) practice makes progress (2) project 2017 (1) quilt project 2017 (5) quilting (9) quilting project 2018 (3) reading adventures (38) recipe (12) recipe created by me (2) relapse (6) review (11) scouts (7) seasons (18) sewing (10) soft lovlies (1) spiritual (17) still life photography (1) T agent (25) teens (6) the kidletz (7) The Plan (27) thrifty (5) traditions (1) transplant journey (10) update (30) weight loss (21) wordless weds (22)

Why MAGNANIMOUS?

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of the American Language defines Magnanimity as such:
MAGNANIM'ITY, n. [L. magnanimitas; magnus, great, and animus, mind.] Greatness of mind; that elevation or dignity of soul, which encounters danger and trouble with tranquillity and firmness, which raises the possessor above revenge, and makes him delight in acts of benevolence, which makes him disdain injustice and meanness, and prompts him to sacrifice personal ease, interest and safety for the accomplishment of useful and noble objects.