Magnanimously homeschooling, worshiping, creating.......

Join us on a journey of faith, healing, learning to live with part of our hearts missing, and recovery, as our family rebuilds our lives, after our son's long battle with cancer....and his eventual rise on eagle's wings into Heaven...victory is his...he is serving the King!!!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CC, Hashimoto's and the plan

Today I am giving you a quick everything update.  There is so much I want to blog about, so many things I am learning and really I just don't have time for this research but it must be done. My house needs attention on a deeper level, but I am taking that one step at a time.
Today I am up .2 which I did not expect but I added a special drink I love and that must have been it.  Oh well, I will have fish and greens tonight which was a big hit for my tummy last time, hopefully I will lose on that...I want to get into that next digit down on the scale and I keep shying from it by a measly little .0....ugh.

I am on a journey to learn more about autoimmune diseases, which tend to run in families, so I can help my sweet little damsel.  I need to have myself and the man checked out as well.  I am learning how these are all related and that having one leads to more etc...I guess 20% of the population has a autoimmune disease and most of those are women!!

Did you know this sweet girl has been diagnosed with a autoimmune disease?  Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Here body is attacking her own thyroid!!  Why is my precious girl's body doing this?  She must have had this last year and we didn't even know it. It came to light this summer and I will share that story soon.


Did you know that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia years ago but always questioned if I actually had it?  I have recently discovered that frequent urination and plantar fasciitis is one of many symptoms! Pregnancy's can trigger these things and I can look back remember how much worse I was after the birth of a child.  This may be why woman have a higher incidence overall of AI.



We are in week 3 of Essentials and week 5 of Challenge A.  Things are moving smoothly for the most part, but very fully!  I love the thinking education of Classical Conversations. I am looking forward to creating my book list for the year that I try to stick to as best we can, but it usually is longer than can be managed.  If I am able I will post here sometime.
We do Foundations at home with Damsel since she is older and this is her second year, we have tweaked it to fit her 7th grade level and we are preparing for her to be in Challenge A next year.  Very excited. I am planning on tutoring that lever next year.




No comments:

Labels

2015 Project (4) abundant blessings and thankfulness (31) adventures with two kitties (2) artzy (3) autoimmune disease (1) backyard (1) baking (2) binding quilt (1) birds (10) birthday blitz (22) blendtec (2) boyz tuff (10) braveheart (44) Braveheart in Heaven (35) braveheart memory (9) cancer (55) carz r kool (5) cats love to quilt too (6) Christmas blessings (10) churndash block (1) classical conversations (3) co-op (2) college (9) cooking (9) craftzy (13) Crochet Creations (1) crochetz (25) crock pot (4) daddy (6) damsel girl (63) Daughter's quilt (2) dollhouse (4) dylan (21) exchange student from Japan (3) family (43) father/son (6) favorite products (3) field trip (7) flashback friday (3) flowers (1) flying (6) free motion quilting (7) friendship (15) fundraiser (4) GAPS (1) garden (26) getting ready for transplant (8) gluten free (4) goals (2) grandma's the best (4) grieving (2) hand stitching (1) Hashimoto's Thyroididtis (1) healer (2) history (1) holiday (7) homemade (21) hypothyroidism (1) immune healing diet (11) juicing and raw foods (4) just musing (12) just sayin' (2) karate (2) keepers of the faith (5) kindle (3) learning adventures (36) life's a journey (1) machine quilting blog hop (3) MAGNANIMOUS (5) Magnanimous Photography (5) making it up as i go (1) marvelous milestones (31) milestones (1) mother/daughter (8) movie mania (3) music (14) nature (55) new beginnings (5) ninja boy (1) nutrition (15) organizing (5) photography (29) poetry (3) practice makes progress (2) project 2017 (1) quilt project 2017 (5) quilting (9) quilting project 2018 (3) reading adventures (38) recipe (12) recipe created by me (2) relapse (6) review (11) scouts (7) seasons (18) sewing (10) soft lovlies (1) spiritual (17) still life photography (1) T agent (25) teens (6) the kidletz (7) The Plan (27) thrifty (5) traditions (1) transplant journey (10) update (30) weight loss (21) wordless weds (22)

Why MAGNANIMOUS?

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of the American Language defines Magnanimity as such:
MAGNANIM'ITY, n. [L. magnanimitas; magnus, great, and animus, mind.] Greatness of mind; that elevation or dignity of soul, which encounters danger and trouble with tranquillity and firmness, which raises the possessor above revenge, and makes him delight in acts of benevolence, which makes him disdain injustice and meanness, and prompts him to sacrifice personal ease, interest and safety for the accomplishment of useful and noble objects.