Magnanimously homeschooling, worshiping, creating.......

Join us on a journey of faith, healing, learning to live with part of our hearts missing, and recovery, as our family rebuilds our lives, after our son's long battle with cancer....and his eventual rise on eagle's wings into Heaven...victory is his...he is serving the King!!!

Monday, April 13, 2009

happy easter

Happy Easter dear family and friends. I am so thankful for the resurrection day and all that it stands for. Bunnies are cute, but Christ's return is so much more. His death means salvation for us all if we just but receive it and His rising is the fulfillment of God's awesome plan. Many of you will know this hymn, but I thought I would put it here. It's a very catchy tune.

  1. Low in the grave He lay,
    Jesus my Savior,
    Waiting the coming day,
    Jesus my Lord!

    • Up from the grave He arose,
      With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,
      He arose a Victor from the dark domain,
      And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.
      He arose! He arose!
      Hallelujah! Christ arose!
  2. Vainly they watch His bed,
    Jesus my Savior;
    Vainly they seal the dead,
    Jesus my Lord!
  3. Death cannot keep its Prey,
    Jesus my Savior;
    He tore the bars away,
    Jesus my Lord!

We had a productive week. We had a simple elk roast here with mom, GG and my man's parents. Yes, you heard right, elk roast ! It was soooo good. My uncle, an avid hunter, brought us some of his extras from hunting. THANKS UNCLE GARY! Can I tell you how much that blessed us?? It is some good wholesome, grass fed, cancer healing food.

Here is some pictures father/ son style that were just fun
to me so here they are for you to giggle over.




Here's the whole gang, bed head and all.


Damsel and I are rearranging her room. When we first moved here she was only 4, so we're adjusting it to reflect a '7 year old's' taste . We are trying to be crafty and make it pretty. It's been fun making pillow covers and other cute things. We'll show you some later. Here is a bag we practiced making. (yes the heart is upside down, but it was very complicated instructions, trust me, it's a miracle I got it done at all. It should be easy now ) :)


Dad and Dylan worked out in the garage, getting ready for the racing season. I love to see them hanging out there together, grabbing a coke out of the fridge..I know it's corny, but I can be pretty easy to please sometimes. I guess that's why I love doing what I do. The exciting thing in the garage was the dead mouse they found in the oil pan..uuooooo...I didn't feel like looking this time, but the kids got a kick out of it.
I even got a new bright light above my sewing area so we can see what we're doing. My honey strategically placed the lighting to accommodate multiple use areas.
We also got the garden tilled and some yardwork done. Whew. I am tired just remembering.



Our cute little cousin.

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of her adorable bun in her hair. Don't you just love this Easter dress? Anyway, we go to clinic for Bryce this week, so pray for us please and we hope you have a great week. I will update you later on that.
Blessings.

2 comments:

Gram Diane said...

What a cute dress and girl. She's getting very good at her hair doo's also. Growing up!!

The Tribe said...

Great purse! Loved the update.

Labels

2015 Project (4) abundant blessings and thankfulness (31) adventures with two kitties (2) artzy (3) autoimmune disease (1) backyard (1) baking (2) binding quilt (1) birds (10) birthday blitz (22) blendtec (2) boyz tuff (10) braveheart (44) Braveheart in Heaven (35) braveheart memory (9) cancer (55) carz r kool (5) cats love to quilt too (6) Christmas blessings (10) churndash block (1) classical conversations (3) co-op (2) college (9) cooking (9) craftzy (13) Crochet Creations (1) crochetz (25) crock pot (4) daddy (6) damsel girl (63) Daughter's quilt (2) dollhouse (4) dylan (21) exchange student from Japan (3) family (43) father/son (6) favorite products (3) field trip (7) flashback friday (3) flowers (1) flying (6) free motion quilting (7) friendship (15) fundraiser (4) GAPS (1) garden (26) getting ready for transplant (8) gluten free (4) goals (2) grandma's the best (4) grieving (2) hand stitching (1) Hashimoto's Thyroididtis (1) healer (2) history (1) holiday (7) homemade (21) hypothyroidism (1) immune healing diet (11) juicing and raw foods (4) just musing (12) just sayin' (2) karate (2) keepers of the faith (5) kindle (3) learning adventures (36) life's a journey (1) machine quilting blog hop (3) MAGNANIMOUS (5) Magnanimous Photography (5) making it up as i go (1) marvelous milestones (31) milestones (1) mother/daughter (8) movie mania (3) music (14) nature (55) new beginnings (5) ninja boy (1) nutrition (15) organizing (5) photography (29) poetry (3) practice makes progress (2) project 2017 (1) quilt project 2017 (5) quilting (9) quilting project 2018 (3) reading adventures (38) recipe (12) recipe created by me (2) relapse (6) review (11) scouts (7) seasons (18) sewing (10) soft lovlies (1) spiritual (17) still life photography (1) T agent (25) teens (6) the kidletz (7) The Plan (27) thrifty (5) traditions (1) transplant journey (10) update (30) weight loss (21) wordless weds (22)

Why MAGNANIMOUS?

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of the American Language defines Magnanimity as such:
MAGNANIM'ITY, n. [L. magnanimitas; magnus, great, and animus, mind.] Greatness of mind; that elevation or dignity of soul, which encounters danger and trouble with tranquillity and firmness, which raises the possessor above revenge, and makes him delight in acts of benevolence, which makes him disdain injustice and meanness, and prompts him to sacrifice personal ease, interest and safety for the accomplishment of useful and noble objects.